MANGO, GINGER, GARLIC AND GREEN CHILLY PICKLE
Hi friends. Welcome to my blog. Today we will learn how to make raw mango, ginger, garlic and green chilly pickle, a rare and exciting combination which has an exotic taste and is easy to make, taking none of your extra time and effort. As mango is the king of fruits, it rules in the pickle world also being supreme. This recipe has all the punch you need to get energized and will improve your appetite.
- Raw Mango – 200 gms
- Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 2 tbsp
- Green Chilly – 100 gms
- Salt – according to taste
- Black salt – a pinch
- Yellow mustard powder – 2 tbsp
- Mustard powder – 2 tbsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Synthetic Vinegar – 3 tbsp
- Indian five spice or Panch Phoran – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida or hing – A pinch
Wash and pat dry the mangoes.
Peel the skin and cut the mango into cubes.
I have personally here made the pickle using cut mangoes but alternately we can grate them and make grated style pickle in the same method.
Then take given amounts of ginger, garlic and green chilly paste and grind them separately.
Take your mangoes and put them in a bowl. Add salt, black salt, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, yellow mustard powder to it.
Next, take a wok and add mustard oil to it.
Heat the oil and add the tempering of panchphoran, asafoetida to it and then add the coarsely ground ginger, garlic and green chilly paste.
Fry them a bit.
Now to the pan add the bowl of mangoes and give all a good mix.
When the mixture of pickle gets cooled add some synthetic vinegar to it.
After storing the pickle in a jar and showing it a good amount of sunlight the pickle gets ready to be used and eaten.
Note points:-1. Take note of the fact that if the mustard powder is put on heat and cooked it will turn bitter in taste.
2. Synthetic vinegar is added to pickles to stop their decay.
3. Pickles should not come in contact with water as it can lead to their rotting.
4. Keep the pickle in airtight jars and store it in shade for five days. In the meantime keep on stirring the pickle. And put the pickle in sunlight keeping the lid of pickle closed. The reason for this is that if we keep the pickle jar open, juices will dry leaving a solid residue behind which we do not want. So to avoid this from happening the above-given point has to be noted.
Do try this recipe at home. Please post your comments and feedback and get doubts cleared. Thanks. Have a great weekend. Happy cooking, happy eating, healthy living!!!