FRUIT RAITA WITH FLAXSEED
Hello and welcome everyone to my corner again. Today I’m sharing with you a simple yogurt-based dish which has lots of fruits and the goodness of flaxseed also and is fun to eat. So let’s start with it—
- Yogurt – 300 gms.
- Fruits(chopped)like Mango, Apple, Banana, Custard Apple, pineapple, Ripe Papaya, Pear, Guava, etc – 1 big bowl.
- Salt -A pinch.
- Rock Salt – A pinch.
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Roasted and Powdered Cumin-1/2 tsp.
- Roasted and powdered Flax(which also has some whole coriander and dry red chilly)- 1 tbsp.
- Honey – According to taste.
Take the yoghurt in a bowl. Add the chopped fruits, both kinds of salts, red chilly powder, the roasted cumin, the roasted flax and mix everything well. Add some honey. Refrigerate it. Serve chilled.
Our Flax Seed Fruit Raita is ready. It can be served with the main course and works as a good appetizer.
Note point –1. Use fresh and thick yogurt for better results.
2. You can use any kind of fruits of your choice. You can also add cherries, blueberries etc to it.
3. To make the roasted flax powder, firstly we need to take some whole flax seed, some whole coriander, and one or two dry red chilies, roast them and then grind them finely.
Do try this recipe at home. Share your comments and feedback and get doubts clarified. I hope you all will like this recipe as it is so easy, tasty and healthy and so much an integral part of everyone’s diet. It works as an appetizer too. Have a great week everyone. Till then healthy cooking, happy living!