BUTTERMILK RICE WITH GINGER
Hello friends. Today’s recipe is a really healthy dish which is quite famous in southern India and is an important recipe made on many special occasions and celebrations. It has a unique taste and cools the stomach. You can have it when you are into a healthy eating spree or a health-week idea. So let’s start—
- Raw Rice(only of good quality) – 100 gms.
- Buttermilk – 4 cups.
- Salt – According to taste.
- Curd – 1 cup.
- Ginger(grated) – A pinch.
- Freshly chopped coriander -For garnishing.
Wash the rice and take a pressure cooker. Add the rice along with the given amount of buttermilk to the cooker and then add salt. Now close the lid and pressure cook the rice till done.
Now let the pressure of the cooker drop and then open the lid of the cooker and take the rice out in a bowl. Mix in some curd also. Now garnish it with chopped ginger and fresh coriander.
Note point -1. You can also add a tempering of black mustard, curry leaves to the dish. But it is purely optional.
Our Buttermilk Rice is ready. It can be best eaten at breakfast or lunch.
Do try this recipe at home. Share your comments and feedback. Have a great week everyone. Till then healthy cooking, happy living! And Merry Christmas!!!
FRUIT RAITA WITH FLAXSEED
Hello and welcome everyone to my corner again. Today I’m sharing with you a simple yogurt-based dish which has lots of fruits and the goodness of flaxseed also and is fun to eat. So let’s start with it—
- Yogurt – 300 gms.
- Fruits(chopped)like Mango, Apple, Banana, Custard Apple, pineapple, Ripe Papaya, Pear, Guava, etc – 1 big bowl.
- Salt -A pinch.
- Rock Salt – A pinch.
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Roasted and Powdered Cumin-1/2 tsp.
- Roasted and powdered Flax(which also has some whole coriander and dry red chilly)- 1 tbsp.
- Honey – According to taste.
Take the yoghurt in a bowl. Add the chopped fruits, both kinds of salts, red chilly powder, the roasted cumin, the roasted flax and mix everything well. Add some honey. Refrigerate it. Serve chilled.
Our Flax Seed Fruit Raita is ready. It can be served with the main course and works as a good appetizer.
Note point –1. Use fresh and thick yogurt for better results.
2. You can use any kind of fruits of your choice. You can also add cherries, blueberries etc to it.
3. To make the roasted flax powder, firstly we need to take some whole flax seed, some whole coriander, and one or two dry red chilies, roast them and then grind them finely.
Do try this recipe at home. Share your comments and feedback and get doubts clarified. I hope you all will like this recipe as it is so easy, tasty and healthy and so much an integral part of everyone’s diet. It works as an appetizer too. Have a great week everyone. Till then healthy cooking, happy living!
Hi, dear friends. Today I’m sharing a simple, healthy and a regular recipe of Cucumber Raita which is a must-have dish in some households and is very tasty. It is paired with Biryanis, Tandoori Rotis or anything and is liked by one and all. I too cannot do without it. It helps in digestion and keeps our stomach cool. So let’s start—
- Cucumber(grated) -2
- Curd -1 1/2 cups.
- Salt – According to taste.
- Green Chillies(chopped)- 2.
- Black Mustard Powder – 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Mustard oil – 2 tsp.
- Coriander leaves for garnishing.
Wash and grate the cucumbers.
Squeeze out the excess water from it.
Take a bowl and put the squeezed cucumber in it. To it add curd, salt, green chillies, mustard oil and black mustard powder. Garnish with fresh coriander. Give everything a good mix. The raita is ready in a jiffy.
Friends do try this recipe at home. It is an accompaniment to your regular lunch or dinner and. It can also be had with biryani, fried rice, puris and the like. Enjoy the weekend, till then happy cooking, healthy living!!!