BEATEN RICE AND PEAS FRY WITH HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS
Hello and welcome dear friends to my cozy corner again. Today I’ll be sharing a snack recipe of beaten rice and fried peas with homemade potato chips. It’s regularly made in my mom’s place in the evenings and is really delighting to be had with a cup of ginger tea. It is crunchy, lighter snack and I like it very much. I hope it will be liked by you all too. So let’s start making it—
- Beaten Rice – 200 gms.
- Green Peas – 100 gms.
- Salt -According to taste.
- Black Pepper Powder – A pinch.
- Vegetable oil -For frying.
- Homemade potato chips – 100 gms.
Heat vegetable oil or ghee in a kadhai and when it gets hot add the given amount of beaten rice into it and fry for two minutes.
Heat a wok, add two tablespoons of oil and when it is hot add the peas in the given amount and fry them. Add slight salt in it.
Now take a bowl. Add the fried beaten rice to it. Also add the fried peas, salt, and black pepper. Mix everything well.
Note point—1. The beaten rice should not be browned while frying.
2. The oil should be quite hot when you fry the beaten rice and then the fried beaten rice must be drained properly and preferably being put on a tissue paper till excess oil is totally absorbed.
3. A little bit of salt must be mixed in the peas while frying because then only it will absorb the salt and when mixed with the beaten rice would give the right taste.
HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS
- Potato-100 gms
- Salt-According to taste
- Soda-Bicarbonate-A pinch
- Water-As required.
Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into thin round slices. You can use a chips cutter for it which is available in the markets.
Boil water in a vessel and when it starts to boil, add the sliced potatoes in it along with salt and soda bicarbonate. Boil it for two minutes only. Take it out and dry it in sunlight for ten days till dried well. The potato chips are ready and you can fry them when you need to have them. You might sprinkle some chat masala over it to make it more fun.
Our Homemade Potato Chips are done.
Our Beaten Rice And Peas Fry With Homemade Potato Chips is ready. Enjoy it with a cup of hot vegetable and corn soup as a tea-time snack.
Friends do try the recipe at home. Share your comments and feedback. Have a great week everybody. Till then healthy cooking, happy living!!!